Sweetheart Cherry Pies
Mini pastries for Valentine’s Day
Recipe type: Dessert
- pie dough
- fresh cherries, chopped
- ricotta cheese
- sprinkle of sugar
- 1 TBSP butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out your pie dough (I like to do this between 2 sheets of plastic wrap). Cut out shapes with cookie cutter.
- Sprinkle and stir the sugar with the chopped cherries in a bowl.
- Lay out your heart cut outs on the baking sheet. Spoon on some fresh ricotta cheese, then spoon on the cherries. Lay down the top dough, seal to press with a fork.
- Brush the top with melted butter.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until mini hearts are golden brown. The baking time will largely depend on the thickness of your pastry dough and your oven. Just keep close watch.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Found this sweet heart pie recipe here ♥